Registering your Club
We are an association of clubs and not individuals, therefore all members are affiliated via a club, this can be an existing club or you may wish to form a new club at the local water you sail on.
Simple steps to registering your club with the MYA:
- Contact someone local to you in the first instance who can arrange a demo day at you sailing water. Our district councillors are very experienced skippers and know your local area very well.
- To register as a club all you need are two members – most clubs start small.
- Your Club Secretary to contact the MYA Treasurer with your enquiry, mention that you have spoken to others such as your local District Councillor.
- The Treasurer will send the Club Secretary a form to register you and your fellow club skippers. Please ensure to provide things like email to allow you and your fellow members to receive the E-News published by the MYA Publicity Officer.
- Send the completed form back to the MYA Treasurer.
- The MYA Publicity Officer will send a Welcome Pack to each member.
– Welcome letter
– Membership Card
- Your club will appear in the electronic club listings
For subsequent years your club secretary will receive a membership renewal notice which he will complete and return to the MYA Treasurer with the appropriate annual fees.
Do remember that any new members can be registered at any time throughout the year to enable them to receive the benefits of MYA Membership.
These new members will also get a full welcome pack from the MYA Publicity Officer.